Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Getting Xander excited for School!

August 15th 2012

Kindergarten Count Down

So, I am trying to keep the excitement going for the first day of Kindergarten.  Xander and I made a countdown chain for school.  It is very easy and quick and helps with his math skills before going to Kindergarten. I also put a message for him on the last ring and will read it to him on the first day of school.



What you need:
* 8 sheets of construction paper (we used 4 different colors for his)
* find a cute school you like in Clip Art and copy onto card stock
* Paper cutter
* Staples or Glue

I took and made 1" strips of my construction paper and cut them with my paper cutter (I find it faster to do a couple sheets at a time).

Print out your cute school on card stock and cut out, you could put your child in charge of this.



If you want to keep them busy have them alternate the color of the rings and have them glue them together.  I stapled Xander's and on the last strip write a special note to the child that you love.

I do this for all sorts of occasions Christmas, Birthdays, and now for School.

Enjoy time with your children, for they are only young for a short time.  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment