Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fall is coming!!!

August 13th, 2012

School is coming and our school district starts September 4th.  This is the first year of school for any of our children and I think I'm more nervous then our son.   Meeting new parents and hoping to fit in with them as much as he fits in with the other children at school.  Being a new stay at home Mom, I'm hoping to find a community of  Mom's out there to bond with.  So, our first impressions, not only of my son but of myself are important. I have been trying to instill this into him more and more, and I think he's starting to get it.  So I'm looking at what to wear for myself and him for his first day of school.  It's looking to be a hot one since our summer just started the first week of August.  That's how it is here in the Northwest.  I have a few idea's on what to wear.  I'd love to hear from you on your thoughts or experiences for the first day of school.

Idea #1 this outfit is similar to the one in my closet, now keep in mind my skirt hits just above the knee.  I am trying to keep this Mom-ish.
"Son's First day of school" by mommyof2cutebois on Polyvore


2 comments:

  1. You don't have to worry about fitting in. :D I found everyone very nice - I'm not a huge social butterfly so haven't noticed any cold shouldering or anything. But I have enjoyed hanging around and talking to the Moms and Dads. Kindergarten was more social than First Grade - mostly because Max started walking from the car to the classroom by himself - so I think some of it's that as well. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Xander there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to hear that. It just seems like a long time since school, this year marked 20 years since my High School Graduation. I didn't really fit in but was just there because of Skating. I just want to make a good impression for Xander. I look forward to seeing you too. :-)

      Delete